Friday, September 20, 2013

Ah... clothespins ^_^

For those of you who don't know yet, I live in Cancun--way way way way south of the border in the tropics. The seasons are a little different here, but one thing for sure is that come September (and by now practically October) things are still pretty hot and muggy--emphasis on the muggy thanks to Hurricane season. 

Though we never get really cold whether, a drawback (kinda serious if you have breathing problems and a textile oriented hobby like someone I know...) is a giant petri dish for various forms of mold and mildew. 
Thanks to Lysol, I can keep it at bay but there are times, like now, when drastic measures must be taken. 


My mom suggested this after I spent two days trying to air out that foul smelling piece of canvas. The blinds have a little chord that you pull to rotate them or pull them across the window, so I figured, what the hey? 

I think it's working. I gave it a test sniff earlier today and the smell has gone down considerably. 

And yes, those are hot wheels. 
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment