Friday, November 23, 2012

Bum bum ba daaa!!!!

As you may have heard me mention before... the arts and crafts market of Mexico isn't exactly what you'd call varied. I was stunned when I found the tatting shuttles, and I was freaking out when I realized that there was indeed thread sold here that could be used for tatting.

Funny thing is that there's only one company that handles crochet/tatting cotton --> Omega. My problem is that in the arts & crafts store I frequent, they don't get many colors, and when I checked the website, I found out that Omega has maybe about thirty colors for tatting thread--not bad, but it pales in comparison to other suppliers.

Enter boredom, and YouTube. I realized that a few of you tatters out there also dye thread, and I got to thinking, "hey, maybe I can do it, too" Soooo thanks to Rebecca at Chemknits  I have managed a little dyeing of my own. First, I'd like to note that I was worried I wasn't going to find any thread/fabric dye because apparently you can't dye cotton thread with food coloring...

But anywho, check it oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooout:



After a few hours of drying on my windowsill, I present to you... a really cool looking blue thread that's totally freaking aweseome!:


And since I had a little extra thread, I did a second batch with a lighter color!



Here's the two of them together =D Neat, huh? 
^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment