Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Reality Checks are a B****

Soooo... this one's been a long time coming, as you may have noticed, progress on a certain masterpiece has been a bit... let's say "delayed".

I know I've been really freaking busy with school, but these past few weeks I've come to understand that there was also another aspect to take into consideration.

For those of you who have read "the backstory" <--- (subtle hint to go read it if you haven't), you will know what I mean when I say that I am really freaking blind--not legally blind, but I couldn't see biscuits on fire at night if you had a spotlight on 'em. (fyi, I'm trying not to swear, so from now on, if I say "biscuits" or "friggidy frack" it stands for something else.... 0.o)

Anywho, my point is that I am really friggidy frackin' blind, and I only just turned 18!

Now, here's the thing, I kinda need my eyes to work for a little while longer until I can afford to get them fixed, so... I've decided not to focus primarily on needle lace anymore--maybe not even do it at all.

I've been avoiding working on my projects because I get headaches under artificial light because of the detail and don't have a lot of daylight to lace away because of school =(. I'll still do a little every once in a while--but I wanna major in CompSci, so there's already gonna be a lot of strain on my peepers!

It's with a heavy heart that I say all this--but the good news is that tatting is friggidy frackin awesome, and so's bobbin lace!

^_^

Here's the last piece of needle lace I made. It's small, about 3cm across, and it was a practice with wheels so I kept the design simple:


So me's made a boo-boo =8)--but I won't tell you were it is =P muahahahahahahaha

Anywho, it's this really pretty blue/purple color that doesn't show that well on the camera, and I used gutermann size 50 polyester--insert cringe by pro-lacemaker people.

I also must announce that I have a new favorite thread brand. I used to favor gutermann because they had the thinnest size around these here parts (yes, I just said that. I'm feeling a little western, so sue me.) buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I ran into a little brand called Duets--ring any bells anyone??? It's still polyester, though, but it's not as wiry and it's the right thickness.

However, as I am no longer a needle lace major, I shall use it with my bobbinery and such.

I also must let you in on a little secret... I have a problem (yes, another one), one that involves me liking to make my life miserable by trying to run before I can walk. Soooo... I may have started designing my own tatting patterns and trying to make enormous doilies... I must say, you tatters out there have a lot of patience. I cringe every time I make a mistake and have to undo my stitches, and I nearly cried the last time.

I have pics though! and I'll post patterns as soon as I test tat them =D =D

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment