Thursday, September 6, 2012

Leafy leaf =D

So, I forgot to add this in my previous update:

I decided to take a shot at a little free form lace, and tried out this bad boy from The Lace Guild: http://www.laceguild.demon.co.uk/ylm/versInstr.html

I think I made the pricking a wee bit to big, but here check it ooooooooooouuut:


So, as you can see here, this is the pricking, it's about 9cm x 3cm and you can see me trying to get fancy with the sharpie =D

I don't have a cookie pillow (but am in the works to make one!), but I know that sometimes part lace is worked on a bolster (albeit a bigger one) so I pinned it to Camille and went on my merry way =D






 Here, I'm almost halfway through and have added all the bobbins I need to add--adding bobbins is weird! It took me a while to get used to it. It was kinda fun working this. I thought it would be harder, but it was freeing in away, not having to stick to a grid. =D =D



Voila! She is finished! At first, I was worried that the gap in the middle wouldn't work, but it did! Though, you can't see the gap in the stitches at the edges as well as I'd like =(

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! VICTORY!


I give you my very first piece of part lace (even though it doesn't have any parts aside from the one). Nifty, idn't?



^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment