Friday, January 13, 2012

First Flower Part 2

Hey there, ho there, hi there! =P I am happy to say that I have managed to scare up some nifty pictures of my latest masterpieces (o.0)


 So, the little, denser petals are a double buttonhole stitch, while the bigger petals are essentially the thread coming out from the outline (starting from the center of the flower), making one button hole stitch, going into the outline on the other side, starting a new row, and making two stitches on each side of the first stitch--and just alternating that (one stitch, two stiches, one, two, one, two, yada yada yada). I did that because I didn't want an big thick line running down the center of the petal to show the stem, so I tried to get my gears churning... and I think it sorta kinda works. Yay? Nay?
Back on the ranch, I don't know if this stitch is shown anywhere else (probably is, but who knows?), therefore I hereby christen it......(drum roll)......cracked stitch! (it looks kind of like a crack, doesn't it? ...or is it just me? =D)

                                                                  ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment