Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Reaching

The organza was a pain to work with. I'm just gonna say it. Mostly, because of the color, though, and i was working with a piece of white paper underneath it... not something I recommend.

So, I moved on to some red chiffon that I'd gotten on sale for practicing some sewing stitches (I don't get out much). The weave was much more clear and more open with the chiffon, so it was easier, but still not something that I could see actually being used as a method. (I still don't know if I'm doing it right).

I did all this before I remembered that my camera had a super closeup setting, so all the pictures that I've posted so far have been done for about two weeks or so.

Back on the ranch, I give you... red chiffon:

You can't really tell, but the yellow oval and the blue circle on the bottom have your basic net stitch, while everything else except for... the (lemme check).... dark grey circle on the upper right and the light grey paisley type thing on the bottom right are a double net stitch, while said dark circle and light paisley type thing are a triple net stitch.





In order of completion, here are the sections:

I used polyester thread for everything. I figure since I'm just barely starting out, there's no need to go ordering anything fancy before I have the skill to use it right.











I'm still new on blogger, so I have absolutely no idea how to make these pictures sit right. Therefore, I'm going to type a little more to fill up this massive space because it's driving me up the wall.





















No comments:

Post a Comment